Thursday, February 28, 2008

Email Updates from Jeanne and Jeff

I just received the following email from Dad...

Cairns is in 'off-season', which means that
it is hot, rainy, but no crowds.
Big Japanese presence here. I imagine that
even the Aussies are out-numbered during season.

Diving the Great Barrier Reef was more amazing
than I thought it would be, and I had high hopes.
More to see there in 20 minutes than a lifetime
in the Keys.

Plane ride today, then worrying about (catching) the boat
in Port Douglas will likely get Jeanne's full
attention until we climb aboard ;-)

___________________________________________________________________
And Mom's version of events...

Lizard Island was canceled due to weather, but we are going to be able to do an hour sight seeing flight in 2 hours from now, so that is good too.

We went on a river dinner cruise last night which was good and may do some rainforest stuff later today. We have our thing with David tomorrow morning in the Port Douglas area.
Weather seems OK to re-board the ship, they are not anticipating anything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz, It is 10.50 am on Thursday 28th Feb. I 've just had a call from the flight company in Cairns. They are looking for Mum & Dad at their Cairns hotel to go on the flight but they can't find them. I couldn't help the guy. Hope they make the flight.

Sandra

Liz said...

Hi Sandra,

I texted Mom the following:
Did you get on the flight? They called Sandra looking for you!

She later replied:
YES WERE SCAMMED BY A CAB AND ALREADY THERE. GREAT RIDE.

So I *think* that means they made it.
Liz

Anonymous said...

Thanks for texting Liz. I didn't have their number.
That is a relief. It will be interesting to hear how things turned out.

Sandra