Saturday, January 12, 2008

Spending time with Steve, Alice, and Peter (Luger!)

Today we had down time in the morning. We just worked on email and read 4 papers. Hey, we can't skip the Post can we? How else will we learn the gossip?

In the afternoon we went to the Upper West Side. I went to the SuperMagic Finger's Massage, which I have gone to many times. It is a pretty unique place and Diane, Ellen and I all have some tales to tell about it. I think it might work out better if I spoke Chinese, but somehow it works. It sure is dark in there though.

Jeff walked to Central Park and around the reservoir. It was a great time for him and brought back a lot of good memories.

We hurried back to the hotel to get ready, because our friends Steve and Alice were coming to pick us up to go watch the Packer game. (You know what I fan I am.) We went to a pub named Mulholland's and enjoyed the sports bar atmosphere.
Steve and Alice are our friends we escaped to on 9/11. We will have a life-long bond with them.

During the third quarter we went over to Peter Luger for a great steak dinner. We have had our reservation for months.Liz and Tim kept Jeff and Steve up with the score by text messaging them though dinner.

Tomorrow we board the ship! Actually the most interesting ports don't start until about 3 or 4 weeks from now. Until then it will mostly be life at sea. You may want to tune in after that!

1 comment:

Tim said...

Wow, that steak looks awesome. I am very hungry now that I just saw that picture. Can't think of a much better day - Guinness, a Packer playoff victory, and Peter Luger